Living Juicy

 3.5.12

For the last few months I've been on a "wellness" kick -- you will continue to read more about this as my posts become more frequent. Back in February,  I came across a movie entitled:

 "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" - catchy title, eh?

 I just *had* to know what this movie was about. Since I lived in mommy-land suburbia, I rarely {ok, NEVER} went to the city to catch up on cool documentary movies.


I rented it from iTunes and was hooked. In fact, I watched it 3 times in 2 days. Seriously. I LOVED this movie!

The premise is that this average overweight, albeit very sick, 40-something man decides to allow his body to heal itself. That is, he nourishes his body with optimal nutrition on the premise of Hippocrates, "Let Food be thy Medicine and Medicine be thy Food."

This film documents his SIXTY DAY green juice fast {which was done under a doctors supervision, I might add}, and ultimately how he was able to cure his disease -- and lost almost 100 lbs -- all by drinking vegetable juices, then eating only fruits & veggies until he was completely off his medication. 

Obviously there's a lot more to this movie, but that's the gist of it. 

I had been toying with the idea of juicing before, but I really didn't know much about it. This movie inspired me to promptly buy a fancy Breville juicer and I haven't looked back since. 

 
No, I haven't been on any juice fasts, but I do enjoy an {almost!} daily hit of the lean green goodness.  Juicing is different than smoothies. I don't know how to explain it, but I can literally feel the goodness in my cells almost immediately after drinking my juice. I still enjoy a Green Monster smoothie, but I've learned that the juicing is important, if not VITAL to my health and well-being too.

Since then, I also discovered the AMAZING Kris Carr - wellness warrior and green juice goddess.  She is living with cancer and filmed a documentary about her healing called, "Crazy Sexy Cancer." If you have a moment, check out her website. LIFE-CHANGING.

Image via here

She has also written a number of books, including Crazy Sexy Diet and... my FAVOURITE  - an e-book called:
 
I highly recommend it for dozens of recipes, not too mention her delightfully catchy "Hey Girlfriend!"-style of writing. Kris Carr knows her stuff and inspires you too to live the Crazy Sexy alkaline lifestyle!

Do you LIVE JUICY too? Tell me about it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP