A Few Random Updates

 10.11.11

Hello Lovelies! Have you missed me? I've missed you! 

Since becoming a Working Mummy, my blogging has become less frequent as I try to balance it all. Frankly, it's been a real challenge to transition back but I know that I'll find my rhythm soon enough.

Random Update #1:
Little A is walking now.  Okay, she's more "toddling" around, but multiple steps are being taken in a row. That's walking right?  She's about 2 months ahead of where EZ was when he learned to walk. She needs to get walking so she can hold her own against her big brother -- not that he's tough on her, he's just ready for her play with him!
Random Update #2:
Who else is loving the change back to Standard Time? The mornings are so light & bright -- it makes it so much easier to get up and go in the morning.  We've also been blessed with great weather this week, though flurries are on the forecast today! I'm writing this and the sky is beautiful shades of pink and lavender. {Although doesn't the old saying go, "Red Sky in the morning, Sailors warning}... or something like that?}.  Anyway, it looks pretty now...

Random Update #3:
One thing about me is certain -- I can never leave well enough alone.  I always have some grand plan, or at least a little surprise change of plans up my sleeve. 

My latest idea is to clear off our debt {HALLELUJAH!}, but this would involve selling our house. I ADORE my house, but to live free from the burden of debt would be so liberating. We'd have to learn to live large in a smaller space...or live more simply.  My guess that we'd still live big in a small space :) Living simply sounds good, but I don't think I really understand its fundamental concept :)

Nothing's decided yet, we're just investigating ALL possibilities.   If we do move, we'd have to organize and clear out the hoard of clothing, books, and thrifted furniture that I had grand plans for.

  What a pain it would be to de-junk our basement and garage, but I also *REALLY* want to organize both spaces regardless if we put the house up for sale -- who wants to live like Hoarders, right? 

Needless to say, all our major house projects are on hold till we sort out our long-term plans.

Random Update #4:
I'm teaching a workshop at my Church's craft day this Saturday, and I decided to teach the DIY Alphabet Magnets from this post! So far I have 10 women signed up -- hopefully I can source enough wooden disks to cover an entire alphabet for 10 people! It should be fun!

So that's my brief update for now. More to come soon.


2 comments:

Anonymous,  November 10, 2011 at 9:17 AM  

Yay for an update! And, what an update! A possible move in your future! What a tough decision, but you'll make the right one for you and your family!

Now, don't forget - if that lovely retro tallboy (originally destined for EZ's room) needs a home, I'll gladly adopt it! :)

Glad to have ya back! We missed ya!
Michelle (@The236)

Mummy Maggie November 13, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

Thanks Michelle! Yes, we have A LOT to think about. And yes, I think we're going to be cleaning out that retro furniture set :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP