Making it Work: The Unexpected Yellow {Drapery} Rods

 22.9.11

Oh Yes, indeed.

When I purchased the West Elm drapery panels last week, I didn't know how I wanted to hang them. Frankly, with our kitchen reno underway, our budget was stretched to the max.

Then this old adage came to mind and it seemed so fitting for us:
Image via Pinterest

It then dawned on me that we had all of the former home owner's drapes & wooden rods in the basement. 

I wonder if I could DIY them into something cool & workable for our stylish little dining room?

This is what we came up with.  

We first sanded down the pieces we needed, then spray painted a few coats the rods & finials in my FAVOURITE yellow: 

RustOleum's Gloss Sun Yellow.  A bright, bold & brave choice, but I love a pop of yellow where you'd least expect it. And I'm all about taking risks with yellow!

Image via here
I am very pleased with how it turned out {although I hope no one looks too closely at my quick & dirty spray paint job. I think chimpanzees could have done a better job, but what can you do?}.

I think the patterned drapery panels look AMAZING with the yellow rods. I'm kind of in love with them.

All it cost us was a few cans of spray paint and elbow grease. Oh spray paint, is there anything you can't make more beautiful?

PS: I would take more photos of the dining room drapes, but all of our kitchen items are currently being stored in there. Oh and our camera is on its last legs. Excuses, excuses!

PSS: On that note, our kitchen is quickly coming together! Very exciting indeed! Can't wait to show you pics!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP