Fall is Here & the Changing of the Mantel!

 19.9.11

The weather is chilled, although the sun still has me convinced that it's still summer.  Then I step outside in the crisp autumn air and realize that Fall has arrived.  Time for cozy sweaters, apple picking, boot season, and the changing of the seasonal mantel in my kitchen.

I put this together this afternoon while watching SATC reruns and waiting for the Emmys to begin.  Still some tiny tweaks needed, but it looks pretty good just using what I had!
Linking to:
 
Nest of Posies Fall Festival Link Party


The Lettered Cottage - Ideas for Fall Linky Party!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  September 19, 2011 at 10:04 PM  

I adore the mercury glass apothecary!!! Where did you find it? (assuming it's mercury glass, LOL)
I am working on my fall mantel too, but for some reason it just isn't coming together as nicely as yours. May have to "steal" some inspiration...

Mummy Maggie September 19, 2011 at 10:11 PM  

Thanks! The jar is mercury glass & I'm so lucky my little ones didn't break it coming home from Home Sense {Home Goods in the States}! It was only $14! What a steal! I can't ever pass on a good deal!

Can't wait to see your mantel when it's done. Mine is still a work in progress, but it's coming along.

People Who Know Me Would Say: October 13, 2011 at 6:11 AM  

I love that you mixed pretty with whimsical! And the two levels adds impact.

I'm your newest follower. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP