The One Got Away: Home Edition

 17.8.11

Did you ever fall in love head-over-heels with something, then kick yourself for NOT getting it?

I found this at HomeSense {my favourite place in the world!}.  It's BIG - I didn't have a measuring tape but surmised it to be 3 1/2 cubits long.  Yes I very accurately measured it with my forearm.  Seriously.

Anyway, on the day I saw it - my heart skipped a beat and I had a VISION for my living room re-design.  But there were other factors to consider: 1) It was late in the day and I was tired from a long day of shopping; 2) I had the baby and I didn't think it was going to fit in the Flex-y; 3) I just didn't feel like forking out the money for it at that point - it had already been a successful shopping day for me and I didn't want to over-extend myself.

So all I did was take a photo of it and I walked away.

Now I just can't get it out of my head {just like that song - you're welcome by the way!}.

The colours aren't great on my iPhone photo, but it's a creamy background with a silver-y, pewter metallic circle. I imagined it over my piano.  Now it's gone. But it's HomeSense, so maybe I'll find it again if it's meant to be.  You hear that, Universe?

2 comments:

Anonymous,  August 17, 2011 at 8:59 PM  

You could totally knock this off! And, save money I'm sure!

Kelly August 17, 2011 at 9:38 PM  

Oh I could tell some STORIES about "the one that got away" from homegoods too! There's still lingering heartbreak... so I totally feel your pain! But I bet you could DIY it?

PS - I'm your newest follower! Found you from the haven FB page. I'm going too, can't WAIT!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP