Summer Updates - Decorating

 27.6.11

I'm so shocked that it's the end of June! Where does the time go? Time flies when you're having fun, and we're having a BLAST! 

So in terms of the Honey-DIY List, here it goes:

All I can say is I've done MY jobs, Big A may be lagging a bit. But we'll give him a break because he's been really busy lately.  YES, EZ's room is STILL on there. We need to paint some touch-ups and we are still waiting for his bedding to come in.

I also started painting my door knobs from the 2nd floor. Remember when I painted the first floor door knobs a few months ago? Well, they've held up beautifully. They are still a stunning flat black and I'm so pleased, so I'm painting the 2nd floor as well. 
This time, however, I stuck the knobs in foam so I can paint all around without touching them or leaning them. GREAT TIP!!  The photo here is just from the preliminary spray. I've done them all in a few hours and I'm letting them cure overnight. Instead of the multi-day process from last time. But check out this entry for a longer tutorial. Easy peasy DIY project and your doors will get a gorgeous makeover!
 I've also given my summer mantel a refresh already! I added some more summer-y photos of the kidlets, etc. I think it looks a lot better now. 

Textured gray decorative balls were added, as well as the apothecary jar with the shell ball.

EZ finished his "cwass" this past weekend - a 10 week SportBall program for toddlers. He was very proud of his ribbon, so it was included in the mantel display.



I have some more updates up my sleeve {my living room refresh!}, but it's not ready to be revealed yet. Soon enough.

What summer projects are YOU working on?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP