Bulletin Board Makeover!

 28.6.11

Another day, another make-over here on the bloggy-blog!

This time it's a re-fresh of a Pottery Barn bulletin board for my little nephew. My sister asked me to come up with something to display my nephew's treasures {concert & hockey tickets, etc.} that would still fit into his modern orange and gray room.

Here is the BEFORE:
It's a ho-hum bulletin board, but the cork was very beat up. I needed to find a way to freshen it up, and have it coordinate with his new room.

------------------------------------------
Here is the AFTER!



 Here's how I did it!:


1. To prep the wood for paint, I sanded the heck out of it. Just used sandpaper. Nothing fancy.


2. Then I used a spray paint primer - Kilz. Just from Home Depot. I think this piece definitely needed a primer because of the dark navy blue colour. It worked really well!




3. Then I sprayed three coats of RustOleum's Glossy Orange paint, and let it dry and cure overnight.
4. To cover up the banged up corkboard, I used some cotton batting and some left over fabric --  DwellStudio's Iron Gate material. I LOVE that fabric. I liked the bold pattern mixed with the bold orange colour!


And Voila! I hope my little nephew enjoys it!




Linking up with:

The CSI Project's Orange Challenge!




A Bowl Full of Lemons Linky Party!
Thanks for visiting!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP