Project Update: EZ's room!

 15.5.11

Our house has been crazy busy lately, so it's hard finding the time to finish our DIY projects, but we're soldiering on and doing a little at a time. We're at a point now where EZ is sleeping in the 2nd floor family room, so we're all anxious for his new room to be completed. 

I've ordered his bedding {the DwellStudio Transportation set from this post} and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I think it's going to look great with the paint colour and wall treatment. 

I'm now stuck on a dresser.  I had planned on getting the Hemnes 8 drawer dresser from Ikea {so much so that I was planning on picking it up this weekend}, but I broke the cardinal rule of design and I DIDN'T MEASURE it out till yesterday -- and I discovered that the dresser is TOO BIG! Now we're back to square one. I'm trolling the internets looking for the perfect, modern dresser with mid-century styling on a small scale.  The search continues...

Anyway, without further ado, here's a sneak peak of EZ's room!

The grid pattern wall treatment is coming together! We're also taking out ALL the baseboards and window & door frames, and replacing it with flat trim. It's going to be awesome.

Gluing the MDF...

...Sticking it on the wall...

Using a nail gun to hold the MDF in place {except we've also screwed it in too - we know our spirited son too well!}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP