Mothers Day Redux & Retail Therapy

 9.5.11

Happy Mothers Day! We had a low-key celebration yesterday because the rest of our weekend was overscheduled with a million things to do.

My sister & I treated our mom to a fancy dinner downtown at this very cool restaurant.  We snacked on delicious frites and gnocchi poutine, as well as fiddlehead salad and halibut. It was lovely to spend time with my mom and my sister.  And the restaurant {my choice!} just happened to be a 20 second walk to West Elm! Imagine that!

Since I didn't have dessert at the restaurant, I chose to treat myself to two pillows I've been coveting from West Elm. They were 20% off, so I couldn't resist the temptation.

I bought the flokati-style pillow {it is SO soft & fluffy - worth the $60 price tag!} AND the gray & white zebra pillow.

Oh! Look at that Moroccan pouf! Adair & the kids took me to Target last week.  I've been wanting one of these since they announced them in early April. It's a limited edition run that was only available on May 1st {a Sunday!}. I don't shop on Sundays, so I waited till 12am Monday morning, but they were all sold out online. And in MOST stores. I was able to snag one after going to a couple Targets. But I definitely NEED a 2nd one because it looks so lonely.

The thing with West Elm pillows is that the price shown is only for the pillow cover - NOT the pillow insert. That's extra. But, hey, it's Mothers Day - sometimes you gotta splurge :)

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP