My favourite new books

 6.10.10

I heart Philippa Gregory.  She is an amazing historical fiction author, and most of her books focus on women during the Tudor era of English history {Anne Boleyn, Elizabeth I, Mary Queen of Scots, etc}.  Her most famous book is "The Other Boleyn Girl" which was made into a movie.  

I started reading that book when I was pregnant with Ez.  I was hooked.  I had to read ALL of her books, which I quickly did in a couple of months between giving birth, feeding and sleeping.  
Since then, I've been in a Philippa Gregory drought. Until now.


Her newest series is about the England during the War of Roses, the English Civil War between the Houses of Lancaster and York.  

These books do not disappoint.  They are so rich in character development and historical facts {or fiction!} that you feel like you're really there.  The writing is beautiful.

"The White Queen" is about a Lancaster girl who winds up marrying the York King, Edward.  It's a beautifully woven tale of love, magic and power.  After reading it, I was a champion of the White Queen. Until I started "The Red Queen."
"The Red Queen" is a completely different story.  The heroine of this novel is the mother of Henry Tudor, the heir to the Lancastrian throne.  It's a story of patience, power struggles, and destiny.  So good.  Seriously. 

So if you're looking for a new book, check out Philippa Gregory's new books!
 

1 comments:

Shop Girl* October 6, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

I've actually never even heard of these books!!! I was actually looking for a new series to start so this is amazing. haha Thanks!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP