"I [almost] fell in Nine West"

 5.2.09


I wanted to treat myself to something special today. For those of you who know me well, know that I am wildly selfish ;) So I bundled up Baby EZ in this -20 degree cold, picked up my dad, and went to the mall to go shoe shopping! I bought 2 pairs of flats @ Ready 2 Wear, then trotted off Nine West for a gorgeous pair of new pumps from the new Spring collection.

I chose a couple pairs of fierce non-mummy shoes [see above] and put them on. So lovely on my tiny feet - the only thing that's "tiny" on me lately. Once I had these sassy sandals on, I decided they needed to be taken for a stroll around the store and to be admired in a full length mirror.

So I hauled myself up and started to "walk" in the 4 inch heels, and...WHOOPS! My bad leg gave way - I quickly grabbed on to the jewelry stand for balance. So embarassing. I felt like Carrie Bradshaw from SATC when she fell in Dior. Of course I cannot compare Nine West @ Oakville Place to Christian Dior in Paris, but the embarassment is the same I can assure you. I left Nine West shoe-less and defeated.

Later this afternoon, my physiotherapist came over for our session. I told her about my near-fall and how frustrated I am with my legs. She told me that I am doing remarkably well, and that I'm healing faster than anyone she's seen in awhile. She sees me only once a week, so she may be a better judge of how well I'm doing. She also approved my elliptical training & my bellydancing [YAY!], so I'm going dancing tonight! I hope I don't fall!!!

3 comments:

Meghann Clements February 5, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

YEAH!!! So happy to see your blogging!!!! What an adventure you have had. Can't wait to hear more!!!

Mummy Maggie February 5, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

Thanks Meghann! I'm not very good @ blogging, but it sure is fun!

Shop Girl* February 7, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Ahh Maggie!! That's great news!! I've always thought it was so cool that you belly-danced, and I'm glad you're able to get back into it!!

And, just for the record, I love your blog. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP