14.7.08




















I am in LOVE with maternity clothes. I know I'm not supposed to be. I know I'm supposed to complain that they're ugly, unflattering, and not stylish. I'm compelled, however, from my first-hand experience to tell you that maternity clothes are amazing. Where have they been all my life? I should've got knocked up years ago. Admittedly, they may not be the sexiest items of clothing in my closet, but they sure are the most comfortable. Who knew how amazing would be not to have to fiddle with buttons and zippers on pants? Just pull 'em on and they have this WIDE band that covers your whole belly! Tops are loose and comfortable. Basically, maternity clothes are designed by women for women. They conform to a woman's shape - round, curvy, and voluptuous.

I will admit that there are drawbacks:

Selection is limited. Not many stores carry maternity clothes, and you must be choosy about the maternity options. You must search diligently for the chic items, while wading through the plethora of frumpy frocks.

You must also get used to patterns. For a gal like me who thrives on her chic, classic [black and white solids!] staples, trying out "patterns" was a challenge. Not only are the clothes mostly patterned, but they are also wildly colourful! I'm really embracing this new style though. I'm rockin' the patterned clothing!
Sizes vary and you must try everything on with a strap-on belly. You can't just buy a top or a pair of pants because your body changes almost daily.
All in all though, I'm contemplating wearing maternity clothes for the rest of my life!

1 comments:

spart July 21, 2008 at 5:27 PM  

I'm so excited for the newest addition to our family!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP