150 is my new favourite number!

 19.6.08



















I went to the doctor's today for a follow-up appointment. I didn't expect him to have used the doppler today to look for bebe's heartbeat. Before we started, he warned me that because I'm only in my 13th week that we may not be able to find it. Lots of women apparently cry over such things, but I assured him my bebe's sticking considering how crappy I feel. It didn't take long to find the quick little heartbeat - 150 bpms. According the old wive's tales, anything over 140 is supposed to be indicative of a girl! I joked with the doctor about this, and of course, he says that it's not true. I said that it better be a girl because I'm getting uglier by the day! [Girls are also supposed to steal their mummy's beauty and I look wretched lately]. If this little thing is a boy, I got plenty of problems!

The doc also said I have zero risk factors ;) The only thing is that I've lost 2 lbs! ME!!! Lost 2 lbs! He said he was worried about me not eating enough! I assured him that I'm the queen of pasta and poutine, and he's got nothing to worry about. I honestly think I put on a little weight as soon as I became preggo, and now I'm eating more healthfully so my weight may be balancing out. It was just ironic to hear from a doctor that he's concerned I'm not eating enough!!! SO far from the truth I say, as I enjoy my soft taco supreme - thank you Taco Bell!!!

**This isn't my bebe in the pic.

2 comments:

Sub40 June 26, 2008 at 1:36 AM  

I've always heard that a fast heart beat was a boy...other gender determining tricks include hanging a sewing needle on thread over your belly and if it swings in a circle is a girl and if it swings back and forth its a boy (or vice versa, can't remember exactly...) and apparently boys cause more nausea than girls. You may want to have a medium check out your aura too, I heard that works ... ultrasound isn't bad either...

Mummy Maggie June 26, 2008 at 8:07 AM  

don't think i haven't tried that string trick, except you use your wedding ring ;) ha ha

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP