Radical Self-Acceptance?

 22.1.08

What a whirlwind of a week. Some experiences this week have taught me about loving myself - radically, unabashedly, passionately, fearlessly. I performed in a couple of shows this week - for the first time - in full cabaret costuming. That means - full-on belly-baring bejewelled garb! I'm often way to harsh on myself, unforgiving of minor [and major!] flaws. But dolled up in my bellydance costume, I felt like I was oozing confidence. Despite my muffin-top, my flabby belly, saggy arms, small chest, and too-round hips [those are my flaws if you didn't figure that out], I was full of stamina, grace, poise, presence, and beauty. I love to dance. I am grateful for performing. It's given me the wonderful gift of self-acceptance. More than that - SELF-LOVE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP